To Everna and Beyond!

An exploration of Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds in literature and multimedia entertainment
The official blog and novelblog for Evernade Saga and FireHeart Saga by Andry Chang

"Come forth, Paladins! Fulfill your destiny!"

Explore Worlds in Clicks

FireHeart Highlights!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Updates from Christopher Paolini

Click here to see images.

brisingr header


alagaesia news header

Kvetha Fricäya!

paolini author photo

Kvetha Fricaya! Greetings Friends!

Wow! What a year this has been! I feel as if my head is still spinning from all the trips I've gone on and all the events I've attended.

After my world-spanning tour--which started April 6th and lasted until June 2nd--I returned home for a few days before heading out to Comic-Con International in San Diego. As always, Comic-Con was an overwhelming experience, but it was a lot of fun to meet fans, sign books, and hang out with fellow authors.

I've taken a few smaller trips since then, most recently to Washington D.C. for the National Book Festival. Along with a great signing and presentation, I also got to see a rare books exhibit at the Smithsonian, which was a real treat. Following that, I attended a literary event at the Boston Public Library, hosted by Gregory Maguire.

In the midst of all this, I've been writing when I can. I'm not ready to say on what yet, but I have been working!

On the 23rd of this month, I'm heading back on the road for a week to promote the release of the paperback version of Inheritance as well as the deluxe edition. The deluxe edition is crammed with all sorts of neat stuff, sixteen pages of it: extra pieces of art, both by John Jude Palencar and myself; a new foreword; deleted scenes; added scenes; a handful of various minor tweaks; and a very special treat at the end that I don't want to spoil. An enhanced ebook of the deluxe edition will also be available. It includes embedded videos in which I discuss stories and secrets behind pivotal scenes in Inheritance. All-in-all I'm very proud of it.

Christopher with a balloon sculpture
of Saphira in Boston

After that, I'll be heading over to Italy for the huge Comics and Games convention. I'm looking forward to the trip, as I've never been to Lucca before, and after the event I'll get to visit with my family in Rome.

Once I return home, I will finally be able to concentrate on my new project ideas (of which there are many). On one hand it's a bit sad to be saying farewell for now to the Inheritance cycle, but I'm excited to see what unfolds next. I hope I get to meet many of you at my upcoming events, and I hope you enjoy the extra material in the deluxe edition.

And of course, as Eragon would say, "Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!"

Christopher Paolini



Follow Christopher on Twitter

Check out Alagaesia.com

Play Inheritance Quest and Upgrade your Medallion!

Visit the official fan site for the Inheritance cycle: Shurtugal.com



To subscribe, please visit:
http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/newsletter.html

To unsubscribe, please visit:
http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/newsletter.html

The Eragon e-mail newsletter is owned and operated by Random House, Inc. 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. Members' e-mail addresses and information collected via this newsletter will only be used by Random House, Inc. internally and will not be sold or distributed. For the complete Privacy Policy of Random House, Inc., please visit: http://www.randomhouse.com/about/privacy.html.



No comments:

vadisworld - my way, my world

FireHeart Blog List

Vadis' Technorati Favourites

Pyr Publishing

Pat's Fantasy Hotlist

Sources and Studies Lookup

Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
Look in: Dictionary & thesaurus
Computing Dictionary
Medical Dictionary
Legal Dictionary
Financial Dictionary
Acronyms
Idioms
Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Columbia Encyclopedia
by:

FireHeart Most Wanted!