To Everna and Beyond!

An exploration of Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds in literature and multimedia entertainment
The official blog and novelblog for Evernade Saga and FireHeart Saga by Andry Chang

"Come forth, Paladins! Fulfill your destiny!"

Explore Worlds in Clicks

FireHeart Highlights!

Friday, September 19, 2008

BRISINGR is almost here! Read a note from Christopher

THE DRAGON RIDER RETURNS!
BRISINGR BOOK RELEASE PARTIES

***************************

It's almost here . . . catch BRISINGR fever! - Get caught up in the excitement with close to 2,500 release parties happening across the country. Come in medieval costume for entertainment, refreshments, and prizes! Find a party near you

Can't wait? Check out Shurtugal.com (http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0UsQ0E6 ) for an all-new BRISINGR guide that will give you everything you need to know before you read the book. Participate in some prediction polls and weigh in on what you think is going to happen. Plus, Shurtugal.com will be in New York City covering the release event and interviewing Christopher.

For more of this weekend's BRISINGR coverage check out Suvudu.com
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0BPXR0Eg

----------------------------------------------------------------
A note from Christopher Paolini -

Kvetha Fricaya! Greetings Friends!

In just a few days—September 20th—Brisingr will be released! I can hardly wait for you to read it.

Right now I'm preparing for the upcoming book tour, which involves lots of running around, frantic calls of "Have you seen my red notebook!" and last-minute trips into town to pick up supplies. Tours are a huge change from my everyday life; one week I'm sitting at home at my desk, the next standing in front of a group of people talking to them about my writing. It's fun and rewarding to meet some of the readers and booksellers who have made this incredible experience possible for my family and me.

An interesting piece of news: The Japanese translation of Brisingr is so large that the publisher is going to split it into two volumes, as they did with Eldest. Since they don't want the same cover on the two volumes, they have commissioned John Jude Palencar—the artist for the US covers—to paint one of the Lethrblaka for the second volume. The Lethrblaka, you'll remember, are the Ra'zac's steeds and parents. I think this is fantastic. John has always excelled at painting dark, scary things (he's famous for his H. P. Lovecraft art), so I'm sure he'll do a wonderful job. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

In Eldest, I implied that Saphira and Thorn were the first two dragons Jeod had ever seen. However, when I was in the middle of writing Brisingr, I realized that I had made a slight mistake with my timeline, confusing two different dates with similar numbers. Jeod traveled with Brom after Saphira's egg was stolen from Galbatorix's treasury, and the two of them certainly would have seen Morzan's dragon, as well as dragons of the other Forsworn who were still alive. Oh well. I do my best to make sure that the Inheritance cycle is internally consistent, but the story has become so large and complicated, it's easy to forget a detail here or there. I try to correct such mistakes whenever I find them or whenever they're brought to my attention. In this case, I have changed Jeod's dialogue on pg. 664, eighth paragraph of the hardcover edition of Eldest to read:

Then Jeod moved on to Saphira and bowed to her. "My entire life, I cherished the hope that, one day, I might see the rise of a new generation of dragons. I am indeed fortunate that my wish has come true. However, you are the dragon that I wanted to meet."

The new lines will appear in the future printings of Eldest.

For those who are curious, I've made numerous small changes to the first two books since they were released: mainly fixing the occasional typo, but also smoothing a description here or there, repositioning an accent mark on a word in the ancient language, and even . . . well, I'll leave the other changes for you to discover.

I spent so long writing Brisingr, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for a while, giving some presentations, signing lots of books, and meeting some of you in person. And, of course, I can't wait for you to finally find out what happens to Eragon and Saphira.

May your swords stay sharp!

Christopher Paolini


***************************

For more information and news about
Book Three in the Inheritance cycle, visit Alagaesia.com.
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0f8H0EG

Pre-order BRISINGR:
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0BTjc0EL

**************************
To subscribe click here:
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0j2s0Ev

To unsubscribe, forward this message to this email to
unsub_eragon@info.randomhouse.com

The Eragon e-mail newsletter is owned and operated by Random House,
Inc. 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. Subscribers must be 13 years
or older. Members' e-mail addresses and information collected via this
newsletter will only be used by Random House, Inc. internally and will
not be sold or distributed. For the complete Privacy Policy of Random
House, Inc., please click here:
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e17u0MifC80B5X0Ekw0EL

No comments:

vadisworld - my way, my world

FireHeart Blog List

Vadis' Technorati Favourites

Pyr Publishing

Pat's Fantasy Hotlist

Sources and Studies Lookup

Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
Look in: Dictionary & thesaurus
Computing Dictionary
Medical Dictionary
Legal Dictionary
Financial Dictionary
Acronyms
Idioms
Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Columbia Encyclopedia
by:

FireHeart Most Wanted!